Hi everyone! 🙂 I am sharing with you my first ever post I thought that I would start with a series of 3 amazing handmade personalised options that I will be posting in the next days. Today starring, this card that I named ”Butterflies and Thank you”.
Overall it took me less than 20 minutes to make this handmade personalised card using vellum and embossing powder as a focal point. (links to products and tools below)
Handmade card #1 ”Butterflies and Thank you”
I personally think this is my favorite from the series of 3 cards, perhaps it is because I made it for a very special friend of mine. There’s nothing better than friendship don’t you think?
How to make this card (20′ approx)
First, I started using a white card stock A4 from Hobbycraft and turn it in to an A5 card using my Martha Stewart scoring board 12”x 12” and bone folder to score a line.
I used my Cathedral Products paper trimmer to cut two rectangle pieces one in Kraft paper 20x13cm and a second one 19x12cm from a decorative card stock of your choice, in this case I used the TheWorks Sweet dreams Design Pad (currently out of stock) and stuck this two pieces together to the white cardstock with double-sided tape.
For the focal Point of this card I used Cricut Vellum, I find this give the card a gorgeous- elegant final look. For the sentiment I used M&C Boutique ”Thanks you” die and die cut it with my Big Shot die cutting machine 6 times ( you definetly don’t have to do this so many times but I find this gives much more volume to the final result) after sticking all 6 layers of dies together I double heat embossed the sentiment die with an embossing powder in cooper and stick it to the vellum as you see in the picture above.
Products and Tools*
”Butterflies and Thank you” features:
- Cardstock: HobbyCraft White Card A4 100 Pack card stock A4 160gsm
- Rectangle 20x13cm card (medium layer): HobbyCraft Kraft Brown Premium Card A4 50 Pack
- Rectangle 19×12 cm (top layer butterflies): The Works Sweet Dreams design pad 12×12” (out of stock)
- Rectangle 25x7cm (central opaque layer vellum): Cutting edge Crafts Cricut Vellum, Brights Sampler 12 sheets of 12×12”
- Thank you central Piece: The Works M&C Boutique Thank you Dies (out of stock)
- Embossing powder
- All my handmade cards are A5 size (15x21cm/ 5.83”x8.27” approx) unless state otherwise.
- HobbyCraft: Cathedral A4 Paper Trimmer
- HobbyCraft: Sizzix Big Shot die cutting machine // CraftStash: Sizzix Big Shot die Cutting machine Starter Kit With My Life Handmade Cardstock & Fabric
- HobbyCraft : Stix 2in1 glue pen
- HobbyCraft: Hobbycraft Heat Tool
- HobbyCraft: Edge scissors Assorted Paper Edger Scissors 10 Pack
- HobbyCraft: HobbyCraft Soda Pop Premium card A4 50 pack
- TheWorks: Sizzix Making Essentials Collection Embossing Powders – 3 Pack
- TheWorks: 3 Double Sided Tape and Pads Bundle
- HobbyCraft: Double-Sided Sticky Tape 21mm x 25m
- TheWorks: Sizzix Clear Embossing Ink Pad
- CraftStash: Phill Martin Sentimentally Yours A4 Vellum Premium White Frost | 20 Sheets
Next card of the series…