Handmade card #2 Roses and Thank you
Hello everyone! 🙂 As I promise, Today I brought you the second card from the series of Creative card ideas using vellum I’ve definetly got inspired by spring when creating this card that I named ‘‘Roses and Thank you”. This example is a heat embossed on a vellum card using cooper embossing powder and the sentiment ”Thank you for all you do” . I also heat embossed 6 little hearts and stick them as a waterfall.
How to make this personalised card (30′)
I started using a pastel pink card stock from HobbyCraft (link bellow) a4 size and turn it in to an A5 card using my Martha Steward scoring board 12”x 12” and bone folder to score a line.
I used my Cathedral Products paper trimmer to cut two rectangle pieces one in light purple card stock from 20x13cm and cut the edges with my arabzan edge scissors from the Hobbycraft paper edger 10 pack (fucsia).
Top floral layer rectangle 17x11cm from a decorative card stock of your choice, in this case I used the TheWorks Romantic Escape Design Pad (currently out of stock) and sticked these two pieces together to the light pink card stock with double sided tape.
For the focal point of this card I used Cricut Vellum. For the sentiment I used Hampton art Celebrate It’s your day clear stamp ”Thanks you” and ” for all you do” and stamped them with my Tim Holts & Tonic Studios stamp positioning platform after that I heat embossed it on to the vellum piece twice ( you definetly don’t have to do it twice but I find this gives much more volume to the final result).
For a final touch I double heat embossed 6 hearts with diferente sizes using my TheWorks M&C Boutique ”Border and Heart border metal cutting die set” and stick them as you see in the picture. (links to products and tools bellow)
Products and Tools*
‘Roses and Thank you” features:
- Cardstock: HobbyCraft Pink Premium Card A4 50 Pack Cardstock A4 180gsm
- Rectangle piece 20x13cm (medium purple layer): HobbyCraft Purple Premium Card A4 50 Pack Cardstock A4 180gsm
- Rectangle piece 17x11cm (top layer roses): TheWorks Romantic escape design pad 12”x 12” (out of stock)
- Rectangle 25x4cm (central opaque layer vellum): Cutting edge Crafts Cricut Vellum, Brights Sampler 12 sheets of 12×12”
- Sentiments: HobbyCraft Hampton art Celebrate It’s your day clear stamp set ”Thanks you” and ” for all you do”
- Hearts: TheWorks M&C Boutique ”Border and Heart border metal cutting die set’’
- All my handmade cards are A5 size (15x21cm/ 5.83”x8.27” approx) unless state otherwise.
- HobbyCraft: Cathedral A4 Paper Trimmer
- HobbyCraft: Sizzix Big Shot die cutting machine // CraftStash: Sizzix Big Shot die Cutting machine Starter Kit With My Life Handmade Cardstock & Fabric
- HobbyCraft : Stix 2in1 glue pen
- HobbyCraft: Hobbycraft Heat Tool
- HobbyCraft: Edge scissors Assorted Paper Edger Scissors 10 Pack
- HobbyCraft: HobbyCraft Soda Pop Premium card A4 50 pack
- TheWorks: Sizzix Making Essentials Collection Embossing Powders – 3 Pack
- TheWorks: 3 Double Sided Tape and Pads Bundle
- HobbyCraft: Double-Sided Sticky Tape 21mm x 25m
- TheWorks: Sizzix Clear Embossing Ink Pad
- CraftStash: Phill Martin Sentimentally Yours A4 Vellum Premium White Frost | 20 Sheets
Next card of the series…